Review this page for a list of by-laws.


Review this page for a list of resources.

Traffic Information

Review this page for a list of traffic related information.

Crime Stats

Review these pages for Crime related statistics.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Winkler Police Service’s contact information?

Winkler Police Service
185 Main Street
Winkler MB R6W 1B4

Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, and closed on Statutory Holidays.

Phone Numbers:
Emergency: Dial 9-1-1
General Inquiries: 1 (204) 325-0829

When should I call 9-1-1?

The police 9-1-1 dispatch is intended for emergency calls only. General inquiry calls during office hours should be directed to our non-emergency line at 1 (204) 325-0829. If you see a crime in progress or suspects involved in a criminal act are still in the area call 9-1-1 immediately. The Winkler Police Service needs to be made aware of high priority call such as assaults, robberies, break and enters, or any crime against persons right away.

How do I file a police report?

An incident report can be filled out by calling 1 (204) 325-0829 during the hours of 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. You may also file an incident report by personally attending our office at 185 Main Street in Winkler, MB during office hours.

The Winkler Police Service does not accept reports of crime via email. Please email us only for general inquiries or other non-urgent matters.

Who do I contact regarding animal control issues?

For animal control issues, or clean-up of carcasses found on City property, contact the City of Winkler Animal Control Officer at 1 (204) 362-0480.

Who do I contact about registering a firearm or obtaining a firearms licence?

Questions regarding firearms licence applications, and applications for registering firearms may be directed to the Canadian Firearms Centre at 1 (800) 731-4000 or visit: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/index-eng.htm

Does the Winkler Police Service sell or trade shoulder patches?

Due to the increasing number of criminals impersonating police officers, the Winkler Police Service has decided not to sell or trade its shoulder patches any longer. We apologize to all those who would legitimately have made such a request.

Does the Winkler Police Service allow school tours?

The Winkler Police Services provides tours to Grade 3 students attending public school in the City of Winkler. If your school is located outside the City of Winkler, please contact your local police agency.

How do I replace my lost/stolen ID?

For information on how to replace your lost/stolen ID, please visit: http://residents.gov.mb.ca/lost_id.html

Social Share Buttons and Icons powered by Ultimatelysocial