What should I do if I am the victim of a Hit & Run?

If your vehicle was damaged due to a collision (even minor) with another vehicle and you did not obtain the other driver’s name, phone number and/or driver’s licence information, you can report the incident to your local police agency, or the agency where the incident occurred. The incident must also be reported to Manitoba Public Insurance.

To report a Hit & Run to the Winkler Police Service, you must attend our office between 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, with your driver’s licence and vehicle registration. Staff will assist you in completing a traffic accident report and provide you with an occurrence number, which will be required when you attend your appointment with MPI. To make an appointment with MPI call 1-800-665-2410.

Also, advise police of anyone who witnessed the Hit & Run and may be able to provide further information regarding the other vehicle/driver.